My weekend was filled with...

Monday 14 December 2009

...baking Jamie Oliver's Victoria Sponge cake for my parents' visit over to us on Sunday - and making an almighty mess in the kitchen (why can't I cream without getting sugar and butter mixture all over the tiles?)

...watching - and loving - the latest Harry Potter movie (and chuckling at the evil Alan Rickman - he has the best part by far)

... going to my uncle's funeral. I've never been to a Humanist ceremony before. It was such a celebration of his life. On his request, they read out this poem. It summed up my uncle's sense of humour perfectly

... making more snowflake curtains (they're looking so pretty!)

Hope you all had a great weekend. Can't believe that its under a fortnight till Christmas. I really must get a move on with my present buying!

(Image via
here)

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm. I love Jamie Oliver. I miss the Naked Chef! I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sponge cake and Harry Potter, what a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sponge cake - looks yum, yum, YUM
    harry potter - big fan
    funeral - i'm sorry hun!
    snowflake curtain - 'aint you clever!!

    much love
    xx

    ReplyDelete