Oreo cupcakes

Saturday 19 February 2011

A weekend for me means the excuse to try new recipes. If I try baking something new on a weekday I just get really frustrated if it goes wrong. At least on a weekend you can chuck away the ruining batch, tweak your recipe & try again.

Today I baked some Oreo cupcakes. Dead easy. Just use your favourite chocolate cupcake recipe, whip up some vanilla butter icing, break up some oreo cookies (try not to eat them all before this part. I nearly failed...) and then gently fold them into the butter icing mixture. Yummy. Goes perfectly with a nice cup of tea :)

8 comments:

  1. A delicious post to read as I wait for my chocolate and hazlenut cupcakes to bake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I am in a baking mood this weekend too! xo Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. THese look delicious. I love Oreos, but I'd have trouble with the not eating them part.

    If you don't mind my asking, could you tell me where you got the teacup in the first picture? I know it's most likely vintage, but if not, and if I can get one, I must!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish I have an oven now but that must come later after I get my coveted lens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa-Marie, the teacup is from Anthropologie! This one here: http://www.anthropologie.eu/with-a-twist-teacup/invt/7544601813005/&bklist=&colour=Orange xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my other half would love these! Might have to make them some day soon :) I'd be forced to try them too of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks great... but i have to be honest- i suck at baking. always seem to blow it somehow. but i really like when my friends do. :)

    ReplyDelete