My favourite vanilla cupcake recipe

Tuesday 25 January 2011

I'm a bit of a fuss pot when it comes to cupcakes. I can't stand inches of sickly sweet icing - it's way too overwhelming for me! I want a lot of sponge cake and a nice morish amount of buttercream icing sitting pretty on the top, yum!

So I've been trying a ton of recipes in my search for the perfect vanilla cupcake and this Primrose Bakery recipe has to be my favourite so far*. I saw online that some people have complained that the sponge is a bit too dense & I'd agree that in a Victoria sponge, it would probably be a little too heavy, but for me the slightly denser sponge works a treat with a small cupcake :)

If you give the recipe a go, do let me know what you think!

*Apologies for the Daily Mail link - it was the only place I could find the recipe online. I'm
not a big fan of that paper!

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, I have been on the lookout for a great recipe.

    I will let you know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds delicious! I love the sponge too! xo Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute cupcake. If this is your favorite, it must really be super. I have a linky party on my blog every week called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by tomorrow and link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny about the daily mail note!

    I would like to try this, I find that cupcakes get quite dry, so shall try this out next time I'm making. Thanks.

    p.s Came to your blog through a comment on From Scratch blog.

    ReplyDelete