This month, I've been...

Monday 31 January 2011

Reading... Auntie Mame: An Irreverant Escapade by Patrick Dennis. Such a fun book. A young boy goes to live with his lovely & incredibly eccentric Auntie Mame after his father passes away & it follows their relationship. I was immediately hooked. I challenge anyone to not want to be Auntie Mame after reading it.

Watching... 30 Rock, Season 2. How did I not discover this show earlier. Seriously, it is so good.

Wearing... thick, oversized, wollen jumpers, skinnies & my (badly worn) brogues. Yes, I am dressing like a 40 year old man (apart from the lipstick). But in my defence it is freeeezing!

Buying... pretty tumblers & bowls (mine are in a mustard yellow - my obsession with this colour continues) from Anthropologie & some animal print flats from Topshop

Eating... a lot of cake, especially these cupcakes & this Moroccan chicken dish. My Mum made it for us on Christmas Eve & I've been rustling it up on a weekend ever since. The only change to the recipe that I'd recommend is to just add the 1 tsp of cinnoman & 1 tbsp of the honey, otherwise it can be a little bit too sweet.

Listening to... Doncamatic, Gorillaz featuring Daley (what a voice) & rather randomly, Always Look on the Bright Side of Life by those Monty Python Boys.

Dreaming... of seeing Arcade Fire in Hyde Park this June (I must buy tickets) & of our trip to Monte Carlo to watch the tennis in April. So much to look forward to!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend - Louise x

7 comments:

  1. What a cute post! I've been wearing tons of sweaters and eating a lot of cakes as well hehe :) I love your previous post too of that amazing apartment! Maybe we could follow each other?

    - the runaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the book recommendation, have just reserved it at my library, looking forward to reading it!

    ps. have also bookmarked that Moroccan chicken recipe as it looks yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Image! :)

    Check out Runway Rundown, this week RR is featuring Wedding Week with awesome designer dresses as a little inspiration to women who are looking for the perfect fit for them! But we're not only focused on Wedding Week, there are so many great looks you could check out

    www.runwayrundown.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. please get those arcade fire tix, i was just listening to them today :)
    and p.s. let me know what you think of 'one day' if you ever get to read it. some of the girls gave it a bad review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love your fashion though -- lady brogues are so cute, and I'm sure you look lovely in lipstick!

    And yes to cupcakes!

    Hope you are well & staying warm dear Louise :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! Also, skinnies + enormous jumper = cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yes isn't Auntie Mame delicious. What a great way to perk up January.

    ReplyDelete